linux hangs after uncompressing on memec board with virtex2p

Andrei Konovalov akonovalov at ru.mvista.com
Thu May 19 02:11:52 EST 2005

Andreas,

I've never tried using u-boot with the virtex2p boards,
but there is the AppNote describing how to use u-boot
with ML300 (it seems your port is based on ML300):

http://direct.xilinx.com/bvdocs/appnotes/xapp542.pdf

This appnote mentions the small patch needed by the linux kernel.
Are you sure you have applied this patch, or this patch is in the
kernel tree you are using already?
I mean the ml300.uboot.patch from xapp542.zip.

Best regards,
Andrei