MPC885 - USB HCI drivers.

Kylo Ginsberg kylo.ginsberg at gmail.com
Wed May 18 04:05:24 EST 2005

On 5/17/05, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> Dear Mike,
>
> in message <428995CB.4050301 at compulab.co.il> you wrote:
> >
> > Do you know if the same is applicable to CPM2 USB controllers present
> > for example on mpc8247?
>
> Sorry, I don't know from personal experience. But from what  I  heard
> there might be some "surprises", too.

Thanks for all the feedback.  If we set our sights lower and only aim
to use the CPM USB as a device (specifically an alternative serial
console), similar warnings of "surprises"?  Any source out there for
this purpose?  (I'm inclined to just use a 232-usb converter off a
uart and make it transparent to the target s/w.)

Also, I failed to find app notes or usb-specific errata on the
freescale site.  Perhaps they're tucked away under a specific
processor without a suggestive title?

Kylo