What ethernet driver to use in 2.6.8.1 instead of gianfar in 2.6.11.x?

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Wed May 18 02:45:00 EST 2005

Hello, Kumar!

 >> for some tests and glibc-builds I want to work with a 2.6.8.1 kernel
 >>  temporarily on a freescale mpc8540.
 >
 > Out of interest, what issues did you have with 2.6.11.x?

I want to see if I can get more details out of failing glibc-2.3.{4,5} ntpl
tests on a running system. That's not related to anything mpc85xx specific.

I'll take the gianfar if necessary.
(Or I just plug a rtl8139 into pci... and go with that)
The .config is not an issue, then. Thanks!

Greets,

Clemens Koller
R&D Imaging Devices
Anagramm GmbH