Starting UDHCP server at startup

Atit_Shah Atit_Shah at satyam.com
Tue May 17 19:35:37 EST 2005

Hi All,
	I wish to start the udhcp server at boot up through the start up
script. I create a file S47udhcpd in /etc/init.d/ with the following
contents:

#!/bin/sh

PKG="udhcp server"
STARTCMD="/usr/sbin/udhcpd"
STOPCMD="killall udhcpd"

. /etc/init.d/common

This is the last commond to be executed ie just before the linux prompt
ask for the login and password.

When I boot the system I get the following error message "SIOCGIFADDR
failed, is the interface up and configured?: Cannot assign requested
address."

If I give the command "udhcpd" in my /etc/profile file the server
starts. Why does this happen?

If I am having this for a router I will need to run udhcpd the moment it
comes...how will I do this?

Regards
Atit

DISCLAIMER: