MPC885 - USB HCI drivers.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 17 09:27:39 EST 2005

In message <61cc712d050516153941bc3b26 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > My advice: use a _real_ USB controller.
>
> Are there known problems with CPM-based USB controllers?  I'm

Ummmm... yes, there are. Especially if you want to use it as  a  host
comtroller  (which  is  never  was designed for). Even more, if there
might be other periopherals in your system that might need  a  bit  a
CPM performance. Or ...

No, I better stop here. Please ask your  Freecale  sales  representa-
tive. He may know better. [Or not, maybe.]

> completely new to the subject, but we are designing a board assuming
> we can use the USB controller on an MPC8555E.

You can do that. Anything can be done. But in this case I don't  know
of an efficient way to do it. But my knowledge is limited, obviously.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Man did not weave the web of life; he  is  merely  a  strand  in  it.
Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.     - Seattle [1854]