Missing m8260_cpm_dpfree()

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 17 01:39:34 EST 2005

In message <20050516161503.0081b1b0.ajz at cambridgebroadband.com> you wrote:

> I have a question about the MPC8260 dual port RAM allocation routines.
>
> In arch/ppc/8260_io/commproc.c this is a  m8260_cpm_dpalloc() routine,
> but the m8260_cpm_dpfree() routine is missing.  Does anybody know where
> I can find this?

It was never implemented.

We added this in the context of the 8xx tree, and submitted  it  here
at least twice. The patches were never accepted for the publich sourc
trees,  so  we  stopped  wasting  our  time on this. I think Pantelis
Antoniou (?) submitted similar code later, but I don't remember  what
happened to it.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Good manners are the settled  medium  of  social,  as  specie  is  of
commercial, life; returns are equally expected for both.
           - Lord Chesterfield _Letters to his Son_, 25 December 1753