MPC860 CP / CPM Misbehaving

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun May 15 00:46:18 EST 2005

In message <846BA3AF7C8A2048937F1801FD3129C902DB5944 at messenger.viasat.com> you wrote:

> The SDRAM timings (UPM registers) are setup by a BDM/JTAG debugger script.

The UPM setup is only half of the story. Please check with your SDRAM
manufacturer's manual for the _complete_ initialization sequence that
is necessary on your chips.

> The same script is run when I download the other software, which works.

This is no indication that the setup is right. We have seen pSOS+ and
VxWorks running fine on some systems, and Linux  constantly  crashing
on the same hardware because of bad SDRAM initialization. See the FAQ
section in the DULG.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Old programmers never die, they just become managers.