Kernel build error

mcnernbm at notes.udayton.edu mcnernbm at notes.udayton.edu
Fri May 13 08:30:17 EST 2005

Using the 2.4 kernel tree with a 2.4.26 kernel I am receive the following
error when trying to build for the powerpc 405.
I set the arch: to arch: ppc and set the cross-compile line in the make
file.
Make dep and make modules runs fine.
But when I run make zImage I receive the follwoing error:

mv: can't stat source zvmlinux
make[2]: *** [zImage] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
'/ppclinux/v2.4.26_linuxppc_2_4_devel/linuxppc_2_4_devel/arch/ppc/boot/simple'
make[1]: *** [zImage] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/ppclinux/v2.4.26_linuxppc_2_4_devel/linuxppc_2_4_devel/arch/ppc/boot/'
make: *** [zImage] Error 2

I am using the default xilinx_ml300 arch config file so I can at least get
the kernel to build before attempting to build one for my specific virtex
II pro board.  Does anyone know what might be causing this?

I am using gcc-3.4.1 and glibc-2.3.5.  Not sure if this is part of the
issue or but if so which version should I be using?  And is it the 2.4.26
kernel that is the issue?  Should i go back to an older one that is used
in alot of the tutorials for the xilinx ml300 board.
Thanks
Brett