Linuxppc-embedded Digest, montavista

Gopala Krishnam Raju graju at facetime.com
Mon May 9 17:28:42 EST 2005

hello Linux gurus

I have created a boot image for montavista doing the following way.

1. I did make mrproper.

2. Then make xconfig.

3. Selected the target architecture.

4. saved the configuration file and then

5. I have said make dep.  There was no errors it compiled well.

6. I ran make bzImage to get the bzImage.  It also went well without any errors.

7. got the bzImage in /linux..../arch/i386/boot/.  then i have copied this to /boot.

8. Made necessary changes in the grub.conf.

	but while booting i am getting an error saying that vfs: kernal panic.
	any ideas regarding this.

	i also tried with make modules.

	that also went well. but after starting with the new kernel it is giving error vfs: kernal panic.

	target and host are both platforms.

Regards

GGKRAJU