Problem running Linux 2.6.11 on MPC8272ADS

Eugene Surovegin ebs at ebshome.net
Thu Mar 31 21:17:19 EST 2005

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 04:22:26PM +0800, Li Yang-r58472 wrote:
> Good point.
> There is also IMMR need to be passed from bootloader to kernel.  We
> can make more use of the u-boot bd_info mechanism.  But it binds ppc
> linux to u-boot boot loader.  I don't know if we should make it a
> porting convention.

Well, immr is _already_ part of bd_t passed from U-Boot! I was
surprised that none of board ports (some of which are made for U-Boot
only) use this.

In 8248 based board port I'm working on right now, I already defined
CPM_MAP_ADDR as follows:

#define CPM_MAP_ADDR            (((bd_t*)__res)->bi_immr_base)

--
Eugene