gcc-3.3.3 ppc e500 - Abort of uic from Qt (solved)

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Wed Mar 30 22:57:33 EST 2005

Just FYI x-posted to linuxppc-embedded

Hello, James!

Thank you for your hints...
In the meanwhile as I experienced some other strange issues with my
gcc-3.3.3 toolchain, I concentrated to upgrade to the latest
mainstream  gcc-3.4.3. It also failed during bootstrapping in
the beginning, but after a 'two-iteration' bootstrap I was able
to move up to 3.4.3:

Here is my buildlog:
	./gcc-3.4.3/configure
		--enable-languages=c
		--enable-shared
		--enable-threads=posix
		--enable-__cxa_atexit
		--enable-nls=yes
		--enable-clocale=gnu
	make bootstrap
failed with an occasional segfault but let's give it a second chance
	make bootstrap
which finished successful!
	make install
Ok, now I have a working gcc-3.4.3 at least - well, for c only!
but let me now try a
	make distclean
	../gcc-3.4.3/configure
		--enable-languages=c,c++,objc
		--enable-shared
		--enable-threads=posix
		--enable-__cxa_atexit
		--enable-nls=yes
		--enable-clocale=gnu
	make bootstrap
and voila! successful!
	make check
	make install

Okay, now, I am back to installing Qt... which also works fine.
uic doesn't crash anymore.
I am pretty sure that my initial toolchain (ELDK3.1 for ppc_8xx)
was somehow broken.

The next step is to get optimized code for the mpc8540 but that's low
priority now.

Best greets,

--
Clemens Koller