how to get a embbed linux for MPC8240 which core is 603e

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Wed Mar 30 01:14:21 EST 2005

Anchor wrote:
> Hi everbody:
>
>    I am a new guy, I want get a ready embedded linux for Motorala
> ppc8245, give me a hand.
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> anchor xie

CLAP CLap Clap clap

Wolfgang Denk has a very good turn-key system "Embedded Linux
Development Kit" (ELDK).  Download it and install it -- it is a very
painless way to get started with a cross (or native) development system.
   <http://denx.de/e/index1.php>

Read the documentation on his site!
<http://denx.de/e/index1.php?head=docs-head&main=docs&subnav=docs-subnav&logo=logo-se&mainnav=docsnav&bottom=bottom-se>

...especially the very useful " DENX Guide to U-Boot and Embedded Linux"
   <http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/Manual>

READ the FAQ!  Re-read the FAQ!
   <http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/Faq>

If you need a boot loader, u-boot is a very good way to go.
   <http://sourceforge.net/projects/u-boot>
(Wolfgang is the maintainer).

gvb