Problems with MontaVista Linux on a Memec Virtex-II pro ff672 board

S. van Beek nlv11891 at natlab.research.philips.com
Fri Mar 18 21:55:34 EST 2005

We've booted the first kernel on the hardware with Flash, and that works
fine. So the hardware doesn't seem to be the problem.
We have a JTAG port, debugging and viewing the log_buf address after the
crash just gave us 8 zero's so no usefull hints there..
The kernel probably crashes before it can write anything to that buffer, or
before its initialized?

I'll also include the output we get here, maybe its helpfull:

loaded at:     00400000 004A11E0
board data at: 0049E138 0049E150
relocated to:  004052D4 004052EC
zimage at:     0040589F 0049D91C
avail ram:     004A2000 02000000

Linux/PPC load: root=/dev/nfs rw ip=on
Uncompressing Linux...done.
Now booting the kernel

And then it halts..

Any other suggestions would be welcome :)

Regards
Sander