RTC with TQM823L

Murray Jensen Murray.Jensen at csiro.au
Fri Mar 18 08:36:27 EST 2005

At 08:27 PM 17/03/2005, Jean Nicollerat MD wrote:
>I have to read message that comme on the CAN bus every 2ms. Then I have to
>show values on the LCD and transfers some message on the RS232.

Sounds like a simple device driver would handle this.

>I need a timer to the check the reception of the messages.

Could this be done by setting a timeout which you keep rescheduling?

Note that the standard clock tick on linux has 10ms resolution - i.e. 100Hz.
You might want to increase this to 1000Hz (i.e. 1ms resolution). I have read
of people doing this in this list.

>I seem it is difficult with linux.

No, its not difficult at all - its very easy. There is a learning curve
though, just
like anything. Cheers!
                                                                 Murray...
--
Murray Jensen, CSIRO Manufacturing & Infra. Tech.      Phone: +61 3 9662 7763
Locked Bag No. 9, Preston, Vic, 3072, Australia.         Fax: +61 3 9662 7853
Internet: Murray.Jensen at csiro.au

To the extent permitted by law, CSIRO does not represent, warrant and/or
guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or
that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.

The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential or privileged.
Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please delete it immediately and notify Murray Jensen on
+61 3 9662 7763. Thank you.