FW: LED driver

Hans Schillstrom hans.schillstrom at pwav.com
Thu Mar 17 20:46:45 EST 2005

Hi,
I have made a driver for our mpc8270 board
It is based upon Denx led_driver and made for 2.6 kernel
(See atached file)

To control the leds you have to perfom some ioctl's
first create your devices
mknod led0 c 151 0 ...

Example howto use it:

void led_off( int file )
{
  if (ioctl(file,STATUSLED_SET,0) < 0)
    perror("led off: ");
}
void led_blink( int file )
{
  if (ioctl(file,STATUSLED_SET,1) < 0)
    perror("led blink: ");
}
void led_on( int file )
{
  if (ioctl(file,STATUSLED_SET,2) < 0)
    perror("led on: ");
}
void led_per( int file, int period )
{
  if (ioctl(file,STATUSLED_PERIOD,period) < 0)
    perror("led on: ");
}

int led0 = open("/dev/led0",O_RDWR)
  led_blink(led0);	/* turn on green LED */
..
/Hans