mtd maps

Mark A. Greer mgreer at mvista.com
Wed Mar 16 05:44:00 EST 2005

Greg Weeks wrote:

> Are mtd maps still in drivers/mtd/maps or has that all moved to the
> platform code? I have an mtd map for the mpc8560ads but it's in mtd/maps.

The mtd code has changed so that platform code can get at the routines
to set up the maps from there.  arch/ppc/platforms/katana.c has its mtd
maps there and I recently posted a patch that moves it for the chestnut
as well.

I think its a good idea to move them to the platform code since the mtd
maps are platform specific anyway.  Plus its one less place to add/edit
a file.  But that's just my $0.02...

Mark