ELDK 3.1 installation tells me "Wrong format of the rpm archive"

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 15 01:50:06 EST 2005

In message <GPECLCIGPLHEOMGPMCPAGEILCMAA.edjubenville at adelphia.net> you wrote:
> I tried installing ELDK 3.1 on RedHat 9,
> but all I got was this:
>
>    Installing cross RPMs
>    Wrong format of the  rpm archive.

Did you verify the images?

> I'm a rookie, so I'm sure I screwed something up. I had downloaded
> the ISO image to my Windows PC, made the CD there, copied the tree
> onto my Linux box at /ELDKCD, then tried:
>
> 	./install -d /ELDK
> and
> 	./install -d /ELDK ppc_6xx
>
> What did I do wrong?

I can only speculate: probablky your doenload was  not  performed  in
binary mode, and/or the image got corrupted.

Pleas make sure to verify the MD5 checksum of thr ISO image  (or  the
MD5  checksums  of the file son the CD). RH 9 is one of the platforms
which are officially supported and tested.

[BTW: you may want to switch to ELDK 3.1.1 anyway :-) ]

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A dog always bit deepest on the veterinary hand.
                                    - Terry Pratchett, _Wyrd Sisters_