PCMCIA for 8xx with 8- and 16-bit access

Markus Westergren markus.westergren at biologigrand.ac
Tue Mar 15 00:21:36 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm working with a custom made board based on A&M Adder875 with added PCMCIA
slot. The hardware guys connected the data bus via two 8bit buffer chips. Each
buffer chip has its own chip select line (CS) connected directly to the MPC875
cpu. I think that the idea was to support both 8- and 16-bit access to the
PCMCIA slot. One CS line controls the odd bytes and the other the even ones.

Is there any way to tell the memory controler to use one chip select line for
odd adresses in an interval and another for even in the same interval? I did
not find any information about that in the MPC885 Reference Manual.

One solution to the problem would be to connect the two CS lines together and
only use 16bit access. Must 8bit access be supported for the PCMCIA to work or
can I use 16bit for everything? I need support for both IDE and Wireless LAN.

Thanks,

/Markus

---
Markus Westergren