PPC 440GX with NS DP83865 phy

Gerhard Jaeger g.jaeger at sysgo.com
Thu Mar 10 18:37:08 EST 2005

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 18:11, Sanjay Bajaj wrote:
> Has anybody used PPC 440GX with NS DP83865 phy? If you have or have any
> information to set it up, please share.

We're using this PHY on a custom 440GX board. Connected via GMII!
After setting up the RGMII bridge correctly (see manual), you also have to
tweak the EMAC driver. I have sent a patch (which has been rejected) a few
weeks ago to the list which changes the setup procedure of the EMAC to work
with a DP83865 PHY. THe current implementation will not work.

Regards
Gerhard

--
Gerhard Jaeger <gjaeger at sysgo.com>
SYSGO AG                      Embedded and Real-Time Software