Recommended kernel version/tree for use with MPC8555E?

Kumar Gala kumar.gala at freescale.com
Wed Mar 9 11:34:05 EST 2005

Kylo,

All active development for PPC (including the MPCE8555E) is being done
in 2.6 only at this point.  I would recommend using 2.6.11 as a
starting point.  Any code to support new features of the MPC8555E will
be developed for 2.6 at this point.

The 2.6.11 tree has support for both the MPC8560 ADS board
(mpc8560_ads_defconfig) and the MPC8555 CDS board
(mpc8555_cds_defconfig).  Those should be good starting points for any
work you are doing.

- kumar