Lots of memory on 826x

Rune Torgersen runet at innovsys.com
Wed Mar 9 10:20:38 EST 2005

Yep noticed..... (tried changing it...)

> Is there an issue with moving the IMMR virt address up higher?
Not really. Will have to redo a whole lot of address maps for some
external devices, but not too bad...

I did change the kernel start address, and that seems to work better,
except that things is still broken when CONFIG_HIGHMEM is set
When that option is set, it maps the highmem to 0xFE000000, which is in
the IO area mapped for IMMR and other memory mapped devices.
(0xF0000000-0xFFFFFFFF)

This can be changed by CONFIG_HIGHMEM_START. Any good ideas on where to
move it to?

(Maybe change IMMR/IO to 0xF8000000 and up, and set HIGHMEM_START to
0xF0000000?)