MPC5200 kernel with IDE *and* FEC?

Stephen Warren SWarren at nvidia.com
Wed Mar 9 07:16:12 EST 2005

From: wd at denx.de [mailto:wd at denx.de]
<DBFABB80F7FD3143A911F9E6CFD477B0056A92B5 at hqemmail02.nvidia.com> you
wrote:

> > By the way, to the people who mentioned using Debian and Gentoo on
the
> > MPC5200, are there any web-sites that have info on how to do this
> > (toolchain and/or distro)? I haven't managed to find anything
remotely
> > detailed on cross-building either of these distros. But I'll
probably
> > just do it from scratch now I have NPTL-aware toolchain:-)
>
> You don't have to cross-build anything; you can just use the existing
> ISO images for installation. For Debian Woody you can find a detailed
> description   (thanks   to    bernhard    Kuhn    for    this!)    at

http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/DebianOnPowerpcInstallationHowto

That could save a lot of time, but is this kernel 2.4-based? The docs
there imply that (buildling a kernel natively section references paths
with 2_4 in them).

We already have a 2.4-based MontaVista, but we're trying to get a 2.6
kernel up and running with NPTL to compare the pthreads performance
differences...

Thanks for the pointer though.

--
Stephen Warren, Software Engineer, NVIDIA, Fort Collins, CO
swarren at nvidia.com        http://www.nvidia.com/