MPC5200 kernel with IDE *and* FEC?

Stephen Warren SWarren at nvidia.com
Wed Mar 9 06:09:40 EST 2005

From: Dale Farnsworth [mailto:dale at farnsworth.org]
> On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 05:34:20PM +0000, Stephen Warren wrote:
> > I looked at the 2.6.11 kernel.org kernel, and it has MPC5200 IDE
> > support, but apparently no FEC driver support.
>
> Are you sure it has MPC5200 IDE support?  I have yet to see reliable
> 5200 IDE support and haven't seen a 5200 IDE driver for 2.6 at all.

Not sure, no. Looking at "xconfig", I don't see an option for it. A
colleague said it did.

We've used IDE (for a DVD-ROM) using the Denx kernel. This didn't have
DMA suppport, but Freescale gave us a derivate kernel that it, which
seemed to work well. They said they were going to push this up through
Denx into the main kernel. Didn't they bother to do this?

> I did the FEC driver in Sylvain's tree.  He has promised to push
> it to kernel.org RSN.

That'd be great.

--
Stephen Warren, Software Engineer, NVIDIA, Fort Collins, CO
swarren at nvidia.com        http://www.nvidia.com/