MV64360 MPSC - console problem

Hegde Ashok-aah024 ashok.hegde at motorola.com
Mon Mar 7 21:33:33 EST 2005

Hi All,

  I am trying to bring up linux-2.6.10 on ppc based system with
MV64360(marvell controller).
I am unable to use mpsc as the console, serial text debug messages are
coming fine i.e. ppc_md.progress able to print properly on the serial port.
I observed that  when console_init() is being called from init/main.c  none
of our "mpsc" init functions are called.
Also I see that there is no call to "console_initcall" in mpsc driver.
According to my understanding this call is required in serial drivers used
as consoles.
 I took this mpsc driver from "bk://source.mvista.com/linux-2.5-marvell" as
mentioned in ppc mailinglist.
   Hardware has been tested with linux-2.4.20 flavour and it is absolutely
fine.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Ashok