Building a Kernel for the AMCC PPC440EP Bamboo Board

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Sat Mar 5 03:06:07 EST 2005

On Fri, 4 March 2005 08:39:22 -0700, Matt Porter wrote:

> Impossible. You need a 440EP/Bamboo specific port. Memory map is
> completely different on 440EP.  For discussion sake, note that
> 440GP/GX are very similar parts with respect to memory map and
> peripherals, then 440SP and 440EP each have very different layouts.

Right.

> FWIW, there's somebody well into a 2.6 440EP port, dunno what the
> ETA on submitting the code is.

Would be nice to get either somebody's name or the preliminary code.
I don't care about crashes too much (can't be worse than not working
at all) and am willing to help.  If neither is realistic - heck, we
need to get familiar with the cpu anyway, so there is no reason not to
race for submission. ;)

Jörn

--
A surrounded army must be given a way out.
-- Sun Tzu