port linux to xc2vp4

T T tath76 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 21:19:10 EST 2005

Hi all,

Can any show me step by step to port linux kernel to the custom board.  this board has xc2vp4 (xilinx fpga) that contains a powerpc 405, and I have used EDK software from Xilinx to add spi controller, uartlite, and sdram controller, no ethernet on this board.  Do I need to build the toolchain for powerpc; if it need the toolchains, then where to get it.  Beside I don't know how to configure the linux kernel (for example I download linux-2.4.18.tar.gz) then do "make menuconfigure" some of selection like "MTD" I don't know if I need to select it as a yet or not because on my custom board I have serial flash from ST M32P80.

http://mail.yahoo.com