PCC440GX custom board configuration

David Grab d.grab at hima.com
Thu Jun 30 21:26:52 EST 2005

Hello,

i have a custom PPC 440 GX board which should run linux 2.6.11.6 kernel. I
initialized the board with u-boot getting boot console on UART1 to start the
kernel with bootm command.

Hardware details:
PPC 440 GX CPU
2 * 256 MB RAM
2 * 8 MB Flash
EM Marvin RTC V3020 (seems not supported by linux?)

Now i want to configure Linux to match my custom board. I ported my board
based on ocotea board configuration files and excluded all the stuff i don´t
need. My kernel seems to load but get stuck on calibrating delay loop and
loops between update_proces_times and __delay (at address 0xC0003400) until
it reboots. Seems like i didn´t match the BogoMips calculation. Actually i
don´t use the RTC (i comment out all TODC functions). I think this cause the
problem. So what i have to do to boot without RTC or has someone my RTC
running with linux?

Thanks for advice,

David