GCC 3.3.1 unsigned long long issue on Powerpc 7xx

Srivatsan CR Srivatsan.CR at in.flextronics.com
Tue Jun 28 14:41:19 EST 2005

Dear all,

     We are using a third party software (support is not available :-( )
which uses unsigned long long in the code (both
     kernel and user space).

     We are trying to compile the same using the flag "-std=c99" (Changes
made to the CFLAGS option in Kernel and user
     space Makefiles). For this we removed the -ansi option from CFLAGS
(both Kernel and user space Makefiles). The
     compiler being used is GCC 3.3.1 on a 7xx platform.

     Using the above mentioned method, user space code compiles properly but
the kernel code gives errors. Is there any
     workaround to be done on the Kernel Makefile so that it compiles
without errors?

     Requesting all your help to solve the issue. Thanks in advance for all
the help extended.

With Best Regards,
C.R.Srivatsan