Fast Ethernet device driver for MPC885

Ricardo Scop scop at digitel.com.br
Fri Jun 24 04:53:54 EST 2005

Hi Sophie,

On Thursday 23 June 2005 06:09, scarayol at assystembrime.com wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I use a custom board with a MPC885 microprocessor. I want to test the
> Ethernet chain on my board so i made an external loopback on the Ethernet
> port. I want to transmit datas and read the received datas.
>
> Which driver have i to use and which name to open it. I don' see any driver
> that seems to be the fec one in /dev/..
Well, fec registers as a network device, so you should use the sockets API to
access it.

>I think i have to use the routines
> in pqfec.c instead of fec.c.
Don't know about them, sorry.

> But I don't know how the driver works.
> Which kind of driver is it and how access to the routines from user space
> in order to do my tests ?
Read above. "man socket" is a good start.

HTH,

--
Ricardo Scop.

        \|/
    ___ -*-
   (@ @)/|\
  /  V  \|  R SCOP Consult.
 /(     )\  Linux-based communications
rscop at matrix.com.br
+55 51 999-36-777
Porto Alegre, RS - BRazil
--
P. S.: "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time
to do it over?"  -- Penny Hines