Problems on Philips ISP1362 Driver

Jianliang Lu j.lu at tiesse.com
Sat Jun 18 00:03:22 EST 2005

Hi all,
We are using ISP1362 usb host controller in our PPC-linux embedded
system and we have had following problems:

1) ATL Interrupt doesn't work correctly. We have to use
ATL_THRESHOLD_TIMEOUT, that has the minimun resolution 1 msec, to
bypass it.

2) The latency from PTD completion. From a usb frame analyzer we
have seen that the controller has gaps between every 4 64-bytes
frames for 265 bytes PTD configured in bulk transmission. The
limit of 265 byte for PTD is due to the end-point number.

3) The isochronous mode doesn' t work. That we've seen was we were
loop on frame number, so the machine went to hang!

The driver is ported from those of philips (last updated was
2002), I don't know if there is any updated driver.
I've seen on the list that Wolfgang Denk has test it on many
devices and works fine. I'd like to know from Wolfgang which
driver did you use? Is the driver is open source?

Thanks in advance!
Jianliang Lu