MPC5200/Lite5200 and ethernet

Dale Farnsworth dale at farnsworth.org
Fri Jun 17 13:37:12 EST 2005

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 10:55:15PM +0400, Andrey Volkov wrote:
> Grant Likely wrote:
> > On 6/16/05, Andrey Volkov <avolkov at varma-el.com> wrote:
> >
> >>AFAIK almost all patches from http://www.246tnt.com/mpc52xx/ now in
> >>vanilla kernel. Except, bestcomm, certainly :(.
> >
> > FEC is missing too.
> >
> > Is anybody even working on bestcomm at the moment?
> It may be Dale Farnsworth or smb. quietly in Freescale.

I sent patches to Sylvain in August 2004 with 5200 FEC support,
including my rewrite of the bestcomm FEC code.  I've bugged him
about it a few times, and I don't know why he hasn't made it available.
I haven't done much with the 5200 since then.  I'm traveling now and
have some other pressing issues, but I'll try to post what
I have in the next couple of weeks.

-Dale