RFC cpm2_devices DPRAM resource

Kumar Gala kumar.gala at freescale.com
Fri Jun 17 03:58:20 EST 2005

On Jun 16, 2005, at 12:45 PM, Allen Curtis wrote:

> Slightly different question than the current thread:
>
> Should the DPRAM appear as it's own platform_device?
> Option 1) Specify the portion of the DPRAM used by each device with
> that platform_device definition. (current)
>
> Option 2) Define the whole DPRAM region as its own platform_device
> entry. Move the device DPRAM information to the device specific
> platform structure.
>
> Would this help with a general dpalloc() implementation? It would
> reduce the number of ioremap() regions.

Well, we already have an allocator for general dpram memory.  I'm not
really sure how this would help beyond reducing the fact that we may
ioremap() regions more than once.  I think the better solution there is
to look at the patches that have been made to ioremap() to return the
same virtual addresses if you are remapping a region of physical memory
that already has a mapping.

- kumar