MPC5200/Lite5200 and ethernet

Esben Nielsen simlo at phys.au.dk
Fri Jun 17 01:24:19 EST 2005

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Andrey Volkov wrote:

> Hi Esben
>
> Esben Nielsen wrote:
> > How do I turn on the in chip FEC ethernet controller in MPC5200 in the
> > stock 2.6.12-rc6 kernel? Do I need an extra patch?
> >
> take patch here:
> http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-embedded/2005-April/017591.html
>
> But, since bestcomm still not converted to platform_bus/ppc_sys model,
> it will not be included in vanilla 2.6.12 kernel.

I managed to get something out of the bitkeeper tree referred to from
http://www.246tnt.com/mpc52xx/
It seems to be based on 2.6.10-rc2 right now - good enough for now.

Is that really the latest version now?
What happens when bitkeeper is gone (very soon now, right?)

To whom do I submit patches?

Esben