jffs2 freezing in gc for long time...

Per Hallsmark per.hallsmark at t2data.com
Thu Jun 16 23:12:15 EST 2005

Hi David,

A hot tip would be to configure either syslog to log to a logserver
or at least mount a tmpfs filesystem on /var/log.
Running a syslog could wear out the flash quite quickly, especially
during the development phases...

While you are at it, mount tmpfs's on /tmp and /var as well.

I believe JFFS2 suits very well in a embedded device, the system
just need to be configured for a such, since a "standard" linux
installation are more outlined for server/desktop usage ;-)

Regards,
Per