multicast disabled on 8260_io/fcc_enet.c

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Thu Jun 16 11:03:25 EST 2005

On Jun 15, 2005, at 9:14 AM, Samuel Osorio Calvo wrote:

> Currently I have multicast working just be moving the return
> statement. It seems to work but I guess I did not face yet the
> problems that caused the code to be commented.
> Let's say it works in an unreliable way....

When I wrote the original code I copied the old SCC driver and didn't
have
a function for computing CRCs, so I just placed the return early in the
function.
I believe there is a patch floating around that wrote a CRC function
(or used some
existing one), to compute the filter mask.  If the code has a CRC
function call,
then it will likely work.  If it doesn't have one, then you are running
on luck.  Either
the proper filter bit is set by some random reset bits, or you somehow
get the
right one set.  By default, the multicast filter may just catch
everything, forcing
the Linux IP stack to do the filtering at a higher level, not exactly
what you want. :-)

This has been discussed many times in the past.

Thanks.

	-- Dan