boot kernel problem?

leo_guo at jisung.cn leo_guo at jisung.cn
Tue Jun 14 18:00:04 EST 2005

Hi all,

For MPC82xx, running U-BOOT-1.1.2 and linux-2.4.24, I have a question:

After uboot download the kernel through net/serial or read out it from flash, then it decompress the kernel to SDRAM, from the begin address 0x0, and execute the first instruction.

But I am puzzle that the linux kernel entry address is 0xc0000000(know from file System.map), how
 can the kernel bootup if you decompress the kernel to address 0x0? And I know the MMU is off now.

Best Regards!