multicast disabled on 8260_io/fcc_enet.c

Samuel Osorio Calvo samuel.osorio at nl.thalesgroup.com
Tue Jun 14 02:14:06 EST 2005

Hi all!

I was playing with a mpc8260 board and the latest ELDK version, 3.1.1 (linux 2.4.25) and face a strange behaviour:

I was trying to make multicast work and everything seemed to be ok (/proc/net/igmp, /proc/net/dev_mcast), making a local ping to 224.0.0.1 returns localhost as part of the group, etc....BUT it was not possible to contact the board to the group it had joined from the network.
I was digging into the kernel drivers and found a strange return statement just in teh start of the funciton set_multicast_list (arround line 1471 of the file mentioned in the subject of the mail). I moved the return to the end of the function and everything worked perfectly.

My question is wether the return statement was moved at the starting of the function due to some bug of the set_multicast_list code or it was just a typo???

Thanks to all,

Samuel.

Unclassified.