[RFC] PlatformDevice definitions for 82xx

Kumar Gala kumar.gala at freescale.com
Fri Jun 3 16:13:02 EST 2005

On Jun 2, 2005, at 11:16 AM, Vitaly Bordug wrote:

> Hi!
> This adds platform definition files for 82xx, while the platform_info
> is
> filled in board-specific .C file residing in platforms/82xx. Another
> disputable thing I did - I moved m8260_setup.c from the syslib/ up to
> platforms/82xx/. The file was slightly changed  - added 2 prototypes
> from the cpm2_pic.h and removed the respective include.

Why the move of m8260_setup.c?  Also, if this is required can we do
this as two different patches so we can see clearly any changes also
maded to m8260_setup.c

mpc82xx_devices.c need a bit of work we need to at least cover the same
set of devices that 85xx does for the CPM:
	SPI, I2C, USB, SCC1-4, FCC1-3, MCC1-2, SMC1-2

Additionally, the device name can not me FS_ENET_NAME, which assumes
that FCC is only used for enet.

mpc82xx_sys.c: what is the .value field?  is this the IMMR and if so
why bother shifting it?  Also there are a whole bunch of variants that
need to be captured

Let's get clean versions of these two files before we worry about how
to handle FCC enet specific bits.

- kumar