Newbie question on Linux-PPC

Srivatsan CR Srivatsan.CR at in.flextronics.com
Thu Jun 2 17:41:26 EST 2005

Hi all,

   Thanks everyone for the time. It's done and I have it working.

   I have another question regarding MAC address in Linux. I had ported
U-boot onto our customized board (MPC8280 based). It is working fine. I am
also able to boot a Linux Kernel. The Kernel version is Linux-2.4.20 .

We set the MAC address for the board in U-boot as 00:FD:11:01:01:01. But
when the Linux Kernel boots it takes the MAC as 00:FD:81:01:01:01.

I have confirmed that the U-boot passes the MAC address properly to the
Linux Kernel properly. Can anyone guide me to where to look out for the
issue stated above in the Linux code?

Thanks everyone for the time.

With Regards,
C.R.Srivatsan