Complete ccsr map for mpc8540 available?

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Wed Jun 1 02:03:16 EST 2005

Hello, Kumar!

Yes, I want to add another Local Bus Address Range for our FPGA on
an extra CS line. I've tried to do that in U-Boot as the Code is already there.
But my modified (some old 1.1.2 (not the official release) version) U-Boot
didn't work (I guess compiling issues) and rendered my Board non-bootable, which
was really no fun!
I also want to play around with the bus-timing and GPCM/UPM configurations.
So, changing U-Boot for every little waitstate and re-booting just to get
a register changed is a showstopper for me. (Yes, I know, a BDI2000 would be fun).
So I decided to do all my stuff first in linux in a module to shorten the design
cycle by a factor of 1E+3 which works fine now, as I started this immr_t thingy
for mpc8540 on my own...

Now it seems that u-boot's immap_85xx.h is pretty much what I was looking
for, I will try to merge my stuff with it and get a immap_8540.h out of it.
So, you answered my question indirectly (get back to mainline) that there
is no code available on the linux side yet, right?

I can release my stuff, if anybody is interested... no problem.
The LBC part is verified (some others are dummys and untested) and in
a /works for me/ state.

Thanks and best greets,

Clemens Koller
R&D Imaging Devices