Serial console

Daniel Ann ktdann at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 15:46:27 EST 2005

I've got a feeling that this has alot to do with IRQ.
Would I be correct to assume printk doesnt require interrupt to work
but printf does ?

After doing some testing, I've found my network interface ping-able
when I got printf working in 2.4.31. But if I alter the openpic source
to not initialize the interrupt, it also stop displaying at the same
point and network interface isnt pingable.

I guess my next problem would be then, why isnt my openpic working. :(
I've done exactly the same as what I did with 2.4.31 and that works.
Hmmm. Something must have changed in 2.6.12.3.

I dont think this is has anything to do with serial console, so I'm
gonna end the thread here.

Thanks.

--
Daniel