mpc8248 SEC -- interrupt handler not invoked

Vikas Aggarwal va824363 at albany.edu
Sat Jul 30 01:40:27 EST 2005

Hi All,
  Will  appreciate if someone can guide me how to debug this inside SEC
(security co-processor) core.

 The linux driver is writing descriptor into the FETCH-Register(0x2048)
for Random Number generation execution unit(RNG-EU). The request came
through a test program from user space. The RNG generation request never
seems to complete as my ISR is not invoked.
 I checked the CCPSR(Crypto Channel Pointer Status register = 0x2010) and
it has value=0:7(0-31 : 32-63 bits). 7 means "channel_error". But its
always there even before I write the RNG descriptor to Fetch-register.

1. I can read the ID register and verified it is 0x09000000.
2. I can see my ISR is registered(0x47)  under /proc/interrupts.

I don't see anything wrong with the descriptor which is very simple Random
Number Generation request.

regards
-vikas aggarwal