FEC-trouble with MPC5200 CRV400 M08A

Kunkel, Ulrich Ulrich.Kunkel at hbm.com
Wed Jul 27 19:42:15 EST 2005

Hi everybody,
we had a very fine system with the old Rev CBV400 2LR25. We can boot over
ethernet and do the transfer without any problems.

No we have the CRV400 M08A on the board. We just adapted the registers tfifo
and rfifo to 0x0F040000 and we use now the BAPIV2.2.
We use the elinos-kernel 2.4.25 with the new bestcom-files. We copied them
into the directory bestcom.

But in the most cases the board does not boot over ethernet. We see sig4 or
sig11 when linux starts init.
When we boot from flash we can see that a ping to the board with heavy loads
causes error, especialy when the board sends a ping to the server
simultaneous. There is mostly one false nibble in the data sections, mostly
at the borders of an ethernet-packet.
The error might a little rarer when using BAPI V2.2 instead of BAPI 2.1.

Any ideas? Thanks for Your help

Ulrich Kunkel