mpc8540 SK board FEC not work! (second message)

Andy Fleming afleming at freescale.com
Wed Jul 27 04:26:19 EST 2005

On Jul 26, 2005, at 01:02, KylongMu wrote:

> eth0 and eth1 not work, they are giga ethernet , but eth2 work
> well , I know
> all of them are drived under same driver " drivers/net/gianfar* ",
> and I checked the 8540 datasheet , because the MAC is integrated ,
> the only
> deferent is the PHY , the 2.4.18 kernel come with my board
> is work well at all eth port , so I'm sure the hardware is OK

The manual says the PHY addresses for TSEC 1 and TSEC 2 are:

TSEC1: 4
TSEC2: 5

The 8540 ADS has this configuration:

TSEC1: 0
TSEC2: 1

The correct solution would be to make a new board file for the SK
board, and properly configure everything.  However, if you insist on
using the 8540 ADS config for this, you will need to change arch/ppc/
platforms/85xx/mpc8540_ads.c so that TSEC1 and TSEC2 have their phyid
platform data fields assigned to be:

TSEC1: 4
TSEC2: 5