Seeking HOW-TO on bring up EP MPC8245 board

Steve Snyder R00020C at freescale.com
Tue Jul 26 01:28:35 EST 2005

My company has just purchased a couple of MPC8245 boards from Embedded
Planet.  The boards come with just the boot loader (PlanetCore v1.03)
installed.  Now I'm trying to get the boards to boot a Linux kernel.

I downloaded the software ISO image (ppc-2005-03-07.iso) from EP's
website.  No problems seen when building the kernel with their
default config file.  Before taking the step on burning the kernel
image to flash, I'm loading the image into RAM (via TFTP) and running
it.

When I attempt to run the kernel image nothing happens. No error
message, or serial output of any find.

The EP documentation is pretty generic since the board can be used to
run just about any OS.  Is there a HOW-TO on how to get this, or a
similar, board up and running with Linux?

Thanks.