mpc8540 SK board FEC not work!

KylongMu mqy at 263.net.cn
Mon Jul 25 21:16:50 EST 2005

Hello, team
        I'm testing the 2.6.13-rc3 kernel on my board, all is work well
except
the FEC.
Board type:  PQ3SK REVB
Kernel       :  2.6.13-rc3
toolchain    : ELDK 3.1.1
PHY type  : Marvell 88E1111S

        Compile with "make mpc8540ads_defconfig", change with nothing.
download uImage file into my board and boot with it, all is ok ! But when
I config the eth0 , it can't work , same with eth1, both of them are
Giga-eth,
but eth2 is work well, and eth2 is a 10/100-eth.
        I checked the 8540ADS's hardware message , it's use 88E1011 PHY
not 88E1111 PHY . And I checked the kernel code " driver/net/gianfar_phy.c"
it takes 88E1011 and 88E1111 as same PHY , so I think this is not a hardware
problem, and my board work well with a 2.4.18 DEMO kernel.
        Here is the output message of  2.6.13-rc3 kernel:

PuffLinux:root$ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.77
eth0: PHY is Generic MII (ffffffff)

        If the PHY config is correct it will recognize my PHY ID, but here
is a
 wrong ID number ffffffff .

        Please help me solve this problem!

Thanks a lot!