How reliable is jffs2 really (denx cvs devel kernel)?

David Jander david.jander at protonic.nl
Wed Jul 20 16:30:26 EST 2005

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 20:37, you wrote:
>[...]
> You probably want to ask this on the MTD mailing list;  don't  forget
> to  mention  the  exact  version of the MTD / JFFS2 code you're using
> (see CVS history).

I already thought it might be a good idea to subscribe to that list.
Any hint about how I can figure out exactly which version of MTD code I have?
The version of linuxppc_2_4_devel I have is about 2 months old, do I have to
expect important changes concerning MTD since then?

While we are there, what other solution would you suggest for this problem: We
need to log data into flash. Right now I use an oversized jffs2 partition,
log via syslogd and logrotate on size. I am getting the impression that this
is not workable for mission critical things. At least not with the kernel and
MTD code I have. Others must have the same problem, so here's my question:
Which way to do such a thing? Write my own filesystem?

Greetings,

--
David Jander