boot failure help needed

Susheel Raj susheel_nuguru at yahoo.co.in
Tue Jul 19 18:48:38 EST 2005

> If you're using rev.B1 silicon (mask M08A), you'll
need
> to set the as of yet undocumented TXW_MASK bit (13
in
> PPC bit ordering) in the Rx FIFO control register
> (MBAR + 0x318c). Thus, set &fec->rfifo_cntrl to
> 0x0f040000 in mpc5xxx_fec_setup().

yes David i am using rev.B1 and I tried setting the
TXW_MASK bit but nothing changed ...

> If you're still having problems with Ethernet, I
would
> suggest debugging it with a root file system on
> something other than NFS.E.g. ramdisk, MTD or ATA.

I tried also ur second suggestion trying to boot
through ramdisk, with rootfilesystem in
ramdisk.image.gz and building kernel in pImage both in
Compact Flash.

It is working fine ( I have no idea of the
configuration and what args are passed by U_BOOt to
kernel) .. does this mean that there is problem with
root filesystem on my remote computer or does this
mean there could be a problem connecting to the remote
computer (Probably problem with BESTCOM as pointed by
Wolfgang Denk) ?????

I want to have the root filesystem on the remote
computer instead on ramdisk because i need to add
applications into the root filesystem in runtime.