UART problem on MPC8272ADS

Vitaly Bordug vbordug at ru.mvista.com
Thu Jul 14 04:05:23 EST 2005

Hi!
Do anyone have 2-nd UART port working on MPC8272ADS?

The target boots OK via both UARTs as console, but any attempt to
transmit/receive data via the other port have failed.
A quick lookup results that ...init_scc is called only in `console`
case. After addition of this call to the cpm_uart_startup (just for
instance) transmit from the target occur, but with only half of data. I
tried various pin settings including working combinations from the old
uart driver but with the same result.

I guess that 8xx that are also handled by this driver may behave
likewise, so any information whether cpm_uart driver works well  (or
not)  on 8xx is also valuable.

Any ideas how to solve this or concerning possible reasons of such
behavior are greatly appreciated.

--
Sincerely,
Vitaly