mpc8xx and ld.so problem

Theo Gjaltema gjalt007 at chello.nl
Thu Jul 14 01:41:15 EST 2005

Hi,

It appeard that on my mpc862 target I had also this problem. I am using
ELDK3.1.1 which includes a 2.4.25 kernel.
The symptoms however were:
    Large application (20MB c++, mostly shared-libs) crashes (sigseg) at
startup BEFORE main() is called.
    Attempts to debug the application also fail: the debugger crashes
also (sigseg).
I didn't change the C-lib, I took the 2.4.30/arch/ppc/kernel/head_8xx.S
file and copied this over the 2.4.25 head_8xx.S file.
In the 2.4.30 version there is a piece of code mentioning the dcbX
instruction problems.

Has anyone an idea why only this large application failed? busybox_1.0
and more applications work fine.
system is a: mcp862/32Mb SDRAM started from u-boot 0.4.1,
kernel enhanced with atm/utopia driver.

This driver causes the CPM sometimes to hang when performing a memset,
can this be caused by the same problem?
(CPM stops responding, console buffers are not flused anymore and
kernel stops waiting for buffers)

Greetings,
   Theo Gjaltema